Kinum Inc. is located in Virginia Beach, Virginia. All our collection operations are located in USA. We are fully insured and each year we recover millions of dollars for our valuable clients. Our fixed fees collection letters are a cost-effective way to recover money from past-due accounts.
Benefits of Kinum’s Collection Letters
Kinum’s collection letters service or the CONNECT service, is recommended for accounts that are less than 120 days past due.
1. Accounts purchased from Kinum NEVER EXPIRE
Other collection agencies try to sell larger number of accounts on the pretext that you ( the creditor) will get a better/cheaper deal if more accounts are purchased, but remember, their accounts typically expire in 1-2 years.
For example, if a Dentist buys 1000 accounts but uses only 850 accounts in 2 years, then the unused 150 accounts expire. The dentist just lost money to the same collection agency which was hired to recover his money. Something does not sound right.
At Kinum, we completely understand that it is impossible to know exactly how many accounts you will need, so we do not allow your accounts to expire. You can use them after 1 year, 2 years, 3 years and beyond. Yet, we want you to take full advantage of the discounted pricing without the fear of losing them.
Five collection letters with intensifying verbiage are sent out at regular intervals for each account assigned to us.
2. We just don’t send Collection Letters, we send COLLECTION DEMANDS
We take our collection letters very seriously. We break out each charge by date. Most agencies just list a lump sum owed. A BREAKUP OF CHARGES not only clarifies the amount of debt owed but it also communicates to the debtor that they are dealing with a collection agency which has a deep understanding about the case. Debtors are more likely to pay and less likely to dispute the charges or ask for the proof of the debt owed by him.
Our demands are sent in COLORED PRINT.Many agencies send demands in black and white print. All our collection letters are diplomatically authored and attorney approved.
Our collection demands are taken a lot more seriously and yield better recovery rates.
3. SPANISH or ENGLISH Letters, we have both
Is Spanish the primary language of at least some of your debtors? At Kinum, we understand the benefit of sending Spanish letters to people who do not understand English that well. A debtor is more likely to pay if he reads the collection demands in language which he understands better. Our Spanish letters are equally effective as our English language collection letters.
4. We do an extra Scrub – LITIGIOUS debtor check
Apart from complementary “Change of Address” and “Bankruptcy” checks on every account that is assigned to Kinum, we do one very important check “LITIGIOUS debtor check”.
So lets say, a patient who owes you $200 has sued two other medical practices earlier, he has a habit of suing medical practices. Even though the medical practices generally win these frivolous legal suits, yet the cost, time and stress involved in dealing with such cases is too high.
We inform you of such debtors, close the case and return this account back to you. This step protects you and us from trying to collect money from “high risk debtors“.
5. Ease of submitting your accounts receivable to Kinum
You can transfer your past-due accounts in many ways to us:
1. Enter an account one-by-one through our online client portal.
2. Alternatively. you can send us accounts in batch, for example send multiple accounts in an Excel file and we will load it in our collections system, saving you valuable time.
3. We have integrations and utilities for popular accounting providers like Quickbooks, AthenaHealth, eClinicalWorks, Eaglesoft and more. Your accounts can will be transmitted to us in a matter of seconds.
6. You get paid DIRECTLY
Collection letters are a low cost fixed fees service. There is no setup cost or any other hidden fees. Debtors are instructed to pay directly to you. We do not charge anything else.
7. Take the full advantage of our Online Client portal
Keep a track on how successful have our recovery efforts been for you. You can stop or pause the recovery on any account through our Client Portal. No need to call us, simply inform us through the convenience of our online Client Portal once a payment is received. Our online portal is 100% complementary for all our clients.
8. Transfer unpaid accounts to the Next Step – Collection Calls
Accounts which remain unpaid after the Collection Letters service, are placed on a web page of our portal called the “Transfer Queue“. Based on your instructions (or per the contract), these accounts can be transferred to the next step, the COLLECTION CALLS service, automatically or selectively. Collection calls are contingency based and at Kinum we call it the COLLECT service.
9. Why are Kinum’s Collection Letters more effective than Client’s own in-house collections?
Debtors which have not paid after 60 days are past due, are likely not going to pay you easily now. Collections being made in your OWN BUSINESS NAME can only be so much effective. Clearly your debtor has more serious cash flow issues. May be he has more than just your bill to be cleared and his financial problems are getting worse with every passing day. However, when a debt collection letter is sent under the name of a COLLECTION AGENCY, the whole equation changes. They are more likely to pay now verses when the demands were being send under your own business name.
10. Kinum offers COLLECTIONS GUARANTEE for Collection Letters service:
We are very confident of providing you better results through our “CONNECT/Collections Letter” service that we even offer you a guarantee. These lines are mentioned in our contract at the date of writing this article.
“We promise to minimally collect 2 times your purchase price if all accounts purchased under this Agreement are entered and processed through our Connect phase as instructed by Kinum and our representative, or we will refund the entire purchase price or the difference, if any, between what was collected in Connect and twice what was paid to use for the Connect service, whichever is less.“
How to get best results from Kinum’s Letters Service?
* Assign your accounts receivable to Kinum earlier for better results. For best results, we recommend submitting accounts for Collection Letters ( or the Connect – Step 2) once the account is between 60-120 days past due.
* A debtor may ask for backup documentation regarding the debt. Once a Kinum’s representative requests you to provide proof of debt owed, provide the invoice, receipts or contracts back to us quickly.
How much does our Collection Letters service cost?
Our CONNECT phase charges vary from $10 to $25 per account.
• a 25 account order will cost you $25.00 per account.
• a 50 account order will cost you $16.50 per account.
• a 100 account order will cost you $14.50 per account.
• a 250 account order will cost you $13.50 per account.
• a 500 account order will cost you $12.50 per account.
• a 1000 account order will cost you $10.75 per account.
• a 2500 account order will cost you $10.25 per account.
• a 5000 account order will cost you $9.25 per account.
There is a simple calculation on how many number of accounts one should consider buying, it should be number of accounts you will need in the next 2 years. Since the accounts purchased from Kinum never expire, therefore do not hesitate to buy more accounts to get the benefit of lower pricing.
We are licenced to collect in 49 states of USA and Puerto Rico. Only in Massachusetts, we perform collections through a local collections partner, which essentially gives us a nationwide coverage.
For each account assigned in the CONNECT phase, we send up to 5 collection letters, which have been crafted by an expert attorney. We perform free “Change of Address”, “Bankruptcy” and “Litigious Debtor” scrubs which help us improve our collections process.