Athena Health and Kinum have been working together to provide medical practices a cost effective, tactful and a streamlined process for debt collections on past due accounts.
Here is a short video about AthenaHealth-Kinum integration.
Transfer of Past Due Accounts:
You will be able to directly transfer past due accounts from Athenahealth to Kinum without the need to re-enter them on Kinum’s client portal. Since Kinum reports all payments collected back to Athenahealth, you will be able to track the collections progress both inside the Athenahealth’s platform or by logging on Kinum’s client portal.
Account transfer rules:
Transfer rules can be set up based on your choice, which includes whether you want to transfer all past due accounts automatically after certain number of days, or manually transfer accounts one by one as needed. You can further setup rules if you want accounts to be transferred for Kinum’s Collection Letters service or to go for more intensive Collection Calls.
How to setup
First step is a signed agreement between Kinum and Practice. You will provide consent for transfer of accounts from Athenahealth to Kinum for collections. Then a Kinum representative will setup an online interactive meeting with you and complete the setup process which takes about 15 minutes.
Benefits and Pricing
- Reduction in days in receivables
- Ability to maintain the patient relationship
- A low cost solution
- No setup fees, no long term contracts, no hidden fees.
Collection Letters Service (also called the Connect – Step 1 or/and Step 2)
- Best used on accounts 30-180 days past due (You control the process).
- Customized setup of up to 5 Collection Demands.
- Letters and/or phone calls.
- Flat-fee of no more than $9.75 per account.
- Best utilized after the third statement.
- All money paid directly to you or in your Athena PO box account.
- Written demands are sent in colored print for maximum impact.
- Spanish and English contacts.
- Scrubs performed: Litigious Patient, Bankruptcy, USPS Change of Address.
- Unlike other agencies, accounts purchased from Kinum never expire. But majority of AthenaHealth clients are setup on a “Pay-as-you-go” basis so you won’t have to setup anything in advance.
Collections Calls by a debt collector (also called the Collect – Step 3)
- No upfront cost, Kinum charges only if it collects.
- 40% contingency fees.
- Best used on accounts over 180 days past due.
- Process controlled by Kinum.
- Kinum accepts payments and puts them into a trust account and will send you the contracted percentage the following month.
- Credit Reporting, if requested
Legal (Step 4):
Accounts may be forwarded for legal intervention if all other reasonable strategies have been exhausted.
Image: Kinum’s typical collection process
Already using another collection agency?
Try Kinum and we sincerely believe that you will be delighted to see the difference.